SKIP THE TRIP TO THE FRAMER
ArtStar offers high-end, custom framing options shipped directly to your door.
We only offer facemount framing in the XL print sizes (40"x60" and 50"x60") because traditional frames are too fragile to ship at the XL size without risking damage.
- Listed sizes refer to the size of the image, not the paper.
- All prints have a 1/4" white border around the image to allow for matting and framing.
- The mat will come to the edge of the image and not cover the image.
All custom high end frames include:
- Natural wood frames in three color options
- Four week lead time
- UV-blocking acrylic, which protects against 95% of UV rays and twice the price of glass
- Acid-free, archival mats and materials
- Strainers on the back to reinforce the structure of the frame
- Taped backs to prevent dust from getting into the frame
- Matting an artwork will add 2-3 inches to the artwork (see frame size chart above)
- The mat does not cover any of the image
- We use a white 4-ply, conservation-grade, acid-free mat board. Acid-free materials protect your art from yellowing or becoming brittle
Works are framed flush to the edge of your print, without a mat. This means there is no white margin between the image and the frame, the image is flush to the frame. The artwork is framed with spacers, meaning it is set back a bit deeper behind the acrylic.
- Our facemounted works are printed and heat sealed between a durable sintra backing and 1/4 inch Plexiglas®. This is a special process and created on a specific machine using special paper.
- Very few printers can produce facemounted works and collectors cannot do this on their own by ordering the unframed print.
- Facemounts have an aluminum brace on the back to prevent warping in humidity.
- All facemounts arrive with French cleat hanging systems and instructions for installation.