Effective Date: February 28, 2022
ArtStar knows that you care and are concerned about how your personal information is used and shared. Your privacy is important to us, and we ask that you read this Policy carefully to be informed about our practices. By visiting, using, or transacting on ArtStar.com (the "Website"), you (a “User” or, collectively, “Users”) acknowledge that you accept and agree to the practices and policies outlined in this Policy and hereby consent to the collection, use, and sharing of your information as described herein.
II. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The Personal Information we collect from Users of the Website enables us to personalize and improve our Services, to allow our Users to transact on the Website, and to allow our Users to register a user account and profile. Personal Information does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous so that by itself it no longer identifies and can no longer reasonably be used to contact a specific person or a household.
III. Information We Collect:
B. Information Collected Automatically by Us: Whenever you view, access, or interact with our Website, we automatically collect information such as your IP address and web browser, which information is then stored by us. How you move through the Website, what pages you visit, and what items you click on, is data which is automatically collected and stored by us and linked to your user profile. This data is used to improve our services and your experience of the Website. This information also allows us to better personalize the marketing materials you may receive from us. We may place, or allow our technology and advertising partners to place, on your computer “cookies” and “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and web bugs), which are identifiers transferred to your computer through your browser that allow us to undertake reporting, including but not limited to the ability to recognize your browser and tell us how, when, and which pages of our Website are visited, advertisements that are viewed, and how many people are active on our Website at any given time. These identifiers do not contain Personal Information about you. You may change your preferences on your web browser to manage cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, but doing so may restrict your use of the entirety of the features we offer on our Website. When we collect such usage information, we use this data in anonymized and aggregated form, and not in a manner that can identify you or your household. We may also provide this anonymized and aggregated information to our third-party service providers in the normal course of business of providing our services to you. We do not disclose anonymized or aggregated information to a third-party service provider in a manner that can identify you or your household.
C. Email: When you interact with an email from us, we may receive a confirmation that you have done so, the purpose of which is to allow us to make our communications more tailored to your needs as well as to improve our services. If at any time you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may use the unsubscribe functionality at the bottom of the email received. However, if you transact on our website, we are permitted to email you regarding that transaction whether or not you have chosen to unsubscribe from other emails.
D. Personal Information Received from Other Sources: When we work with third-party service providers, we may obtain information about you, including but not limited to demographic information, contact information, publicly available data, and email addresses. We may use this information for legitimate business purposes, including the performance of a contract, customer support, marketing and fraud prevention in connection with the Website. If you receive an email from us which was sourced from a third-party service provider and wish to opt out, please use the unsubscribe functionality found at the bottom of the email to do so.
IV. Will We Share Any of the Personal Information We Receive?
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses with which we’re affiliated may sell items to you via the Website (either for their own benefit or in partnership with us). We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make any such information clear to you when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction in order for you to determine if you wish to finalize the transaction as we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We engage with third-party service providers to undertake work on our behalf and in doing so may be required to share Personal Information with them in furtherance of their work with us and in order to provide products and services to you. Unless we inform you otherwise, these third-party service providers do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to provide their services to us.
- Communication about the Website: As part of the Website and our services, you may receive communications from us, by both email and regular mail. We and our agents may send you email, contact you, or engage you in other communication that we or they determine relates to your use of the Website. If you would like to opt-out of these communications, you may unsubscribe from any emails via the unsubscribe functionality on the email itself or by sending us your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers: We may send you offers on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you may unsubscribe via the unsubscribe functionality on the email itself or by sending us your request to us via email at email@example.com.
- Business Transfers: We retain the exclusive right to engage in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our assets at any time. Should such a sale take place and you have a registered user account with us: (1) we will notify you of such a sale to the most recent email address you have provided to us, and (2) you are advised that your Personal Information will be included in that sale of assets, though we do not consider such a transfer to be a “sale” of your Personal Information as that word is typically understood.
- Protection of ArtStar and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of ArtStar, our employees, our users, and others as situations arise. This includes but not is not limited to sharing information with third parties to mitigate fraudulent activities on the Website.
V. Other Important Privacy Information:A. Opting Out of Communications: If you wish to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications or to opt out of use of your information for the purposes described in this policy, please follow the opt-out instructions, such as clicking “Unsubscribe” (or similar opt-out language), in those communications. You can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to opt out. Despite your indicated email preferences, we may send you service-related communications, including notices of any updates to our terms of service or this policy. Please understand that you will not be allowed to opt–out of certain communications required to comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations or other legal and related notices concerning your relationship to the website.
B. Changing or Deleting Information: All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by a user by contacting us at email@example.com or, in certain cases, by accessing your member account. If you request, we will take reasonable steps to remove your name and other personal information from our databases. Please understand, however, that:
- it may be impossible to remove this information completely, due to IRS and regulatory reporting requirements, investments on the platform and the rights thereof, and data backups and records of deletions;
- if you request deletion of your information, you will be unable to use certain features of the Website and any associated Services; and
- certain personal information may remain in our databases following the deletion of your account pursuant to our data retention policy.
D. Lost or Stolen Information: You must promptly notify us if you become aware that any information provided by or submitted to the Website is lost, stolen or used without permission.
E. Download or Access Personal Information: You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information, including a copy in machine readable form, by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
F. Children and Teens: Due to federal law (as reflected in the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), WE DO NOT ALLOW INDIVIDUALS WHO WE KNOW ARE UNDER 18 TO PARTICIPATE IN OUR WEBSITE OR SERVICES. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD TO USE OUR WEBSITE AND SERVICES. Please understand that we cannot necessarily tell if a user is providing us with his or her true age. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
G. Further Resources: If you wish further information concerning privacy policies in general, and concerning online social networking and safety, you should visit the FTC’s website.
VI. International Residents:
A. We Operate in the United States: ArtStar is based in the United States. The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
B. European Economic Area Residents: If you are an individual residing in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). The legal bases depend on the Services you use and how you use them. This means we collect and use your information only where:
- We need it to provide you the Services, including to operate the Services, perform a contract with you, take necessary steps prior to performing a contract or at your request, provide customer support, and to protect the safety and security of the Services;
- It satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote the Services, to personalize services you receive, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
You give us consent to do so for a specific purpose; or we need to process your data to comply with a legal requirement. If you have consented to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you may change your mind at any time, but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place. Where we are using your information because we or a third party (e.g. your employer) have a legitimate interest to do so, you may object to that use though, in some cases, this may mean no longer using the Services. To do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event of a data breach, we will endeavor to notify you within 72 hours of detection of a breach that we conclude poses significant risks to your rights and freedoms under the GDPR. You may also lodge a complaint with a supervisor authority in the EEA member state in which you reside.
VII. California Residents:Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California have the right to request from a business with which the California resident has an established business relationship what types of personal information, if any, the business shares with third parties for direct marketing purposes by such third parties and the identities of the third parties with whom the business has shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. To access this information, please contact us by email at email@example.com
VIII. Vermont Residents:We do not share nonpublic personal financial information we collect about Vermont residents to non-affiliated third parties except for our everyday business purposes or as otherwise permitted by law. If you wish to revoke any authorization to share your nonpublic personal financial information, please contact us for assistance at firstname.lastname@example.org, though we will no longer be able to provide you Services or access to the website.
XI. Questions and Concerns.If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please send an email to us at email@example.com.