Effective Date: March 30, 2020
ArtStar knows that you care and are concerned about how your personal information is used and shared. Your privacy is important to us, and we ask that you read this Policy carefully to be informed about our practices. By visiting, using, or transacting on ArtStar.com (the "Website"), you (a “User” or, collectively, “Users”) acknowledge that you accept and agree to the practices and policies outlined in this Policy and hereby consent to the collection, use, and sharing of your information as described herein.
This Policy covers our collection and use of personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") when you access our Website and use our Services, which Personal Information is either provided to us by you or collected automatically because you have visited, interacted with, or transacted on the Website. This Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that we neither own or control, or to individuals that we do not employ.
II. What Personal Information Do We Collect?
The Personal Information we collect from Users of the Website enables us to personalize and improve our Services, to allow our Users to transact on the Website, and to allow our Users to register a user account and profile. Personal Information does not include information that has been aggregated or made anonymous so that by itself it no longer identifies and can no longer reasonably be used to contact a specific person or a household.
We collect the following types of information from our Users:A. Personal Information You Provide Us:
- Whenever you view, access, or interact with our Website, we automatically collect information such as your IP address and web browser, which information is then stored by us. How you move through the Website, what pages you visit, and what items you click on, is data which is automatically collected and stored by us and linked to your user profile. This data is used to improve our services and your experience of the Website. This information also allows us to better personalize the marketing materials you may receive from us.
- We may place, or allow our technology and advertising partners to place, on your computer “cookies” and “web beacons” (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and web bugs), which are identifiers transferred to your computer through your browser that allow us to undertake reporting, including but not limited to the ability to recognize your browser and tell us how, when, and which pages of our Website are visited, advertisements that are viewed, and how many people are active on our Website at any given time. These identifiers do not contain Personal Information about you. You may change your preferences on your web browser to manage cookies, web beacons and similar technologies, but doing so may restrict your use of the entirety of the features we offer on our Website.
- When we collect such usage information, we use this data in anonymized and aggregated form, and not in a manner that can identify you or your household. We may also provide this anonymized and aggregated information to our third-party service providers in the normal course of business of providing our services to you. We do not disclose anonymized or aggregated information to a third-party service provider in a manner that can identify you or your household.
- When you interact with an email from us, we may receive a confirmation that you have done so, the purpose of which is to allow us to make our communications more tailored to your needs as well as to improve our services. If at any time you no longer wish to receive emails from us, you may use the unsubscribe functionality at the bottom of the email received. However, if you transact on our website, we are permitted to email you regarding that transaction whether or not you have chosen to unsubscribe from other emails.
- When we work with third-party service providers, we may obtain information about you, including but not limited to demographic information, contact information, publicly available data, and email addresses. We may use this information for legitimate business purposes, including the performance of a contract, customer support, marketing and fraud prevention in connection with the Website. If you receive an email from us which was sourced from a third-party service provider and wish to opt out, please use the unsubscribe functionality found at the bottom of the email to do so.
III. Will We Share Any of the Personal Information We Receive?
Except as set forth in this Policy, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to notify you when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties and shall be given an opportunity to opt-out of such a transfer.
- Affiliated Businesses We Do Not Control: In certain situations, businesses with which we’re affiliated may sell items to you via the Website (either for their own benefit or in partnership with us). We will use commercially reasonable efforts to make any such information clear to you when an affiliated business is associated with such a transaction in order for you to determine if you wish to finalize the transaction as we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We engage with third-party service providers to undertake work on our behalf and in doing so may be required to share Personal Information with them in furtherance of their work with us and in order to provide products and services to you. Unless we inform you otherwise, these third-party service providers do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to provide their services to us.
- Communication about the Website: As part of the Website and our services, you may receive communications from us, by both email and regular mail. We and our agents may send you email, contact you, or engage you in other communication that we or they determine relates to your use of the Website. If you would like to opt-out of these communications, you may unsubscribe from any emails via the unsubscribe functionality on the email itself or by sending us your request to email@example.com.
- Promotional Offers: We may send you offers on behalf of other businesses. However, when we do so, we do not give the other business your Personal Information. If you do not wish to receive these offers, you may unsubscribe via the unsubscribe functionality on the email itself or by sending us your request to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Business Transfers: We retain the exclusive right to engage in a merger, acquisition, or sale of any or all of our assets at any time. Should such a sale take place and you have a registered user account with us: (1) we will notify you of such a sale to the most recent email address you have provided to us, and (2) you are advised that your Personal Information will be included in that sale of assets, though we do not consider such a transfer to be a “sale” of your Personal Information as that word is typically understood.
- Protection of ArtStar and Others: We may release Personal Information when we believe in good faith that release is necessary to comply with that law; enforce our Terms and Conditions or other agreements; and to protect the rights, property, or safety of ArtStar, our employees, our users, and others as situations arise. This includes but not is not limited to sharing information with third parties to mitigate fraudulent activities on the Website.
IV. Legal Basis for Processing Personal Information
Our legal reasoning for collecting and using Personal Information as described depends on the personal information in question and the specific context in which it is collected.
We will normally collect Personal Information only where we have your consent to do so, and where the Personal Information is necessary for us to perform a service.
We may use all of the Personal Information that we obtain from or about you in order to fulfill our contractual obligations, for legitimate business purposes, or as required:
- to provide our Services to you, including new Services we may develop later;
- to provide you with customer support;
- to facilitate your communications or transactions with us;
- to operate, improve, and customize our Services, content, and marketing, to develop new Services, and to understand how you use and interact with our Services and Content, and the products, services, and content of others;
- to develop and display more customized content and ads to you on or off our Website;
- to promote and maintain a trusted, safer, and more reliable environment on our Services, for example, to help detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, conduct investigations or risk assessments, or verify actions taken by you or associated with your account;
- to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to address issues with your account or use of our Services, collect fees, send you updates about our Services or policies, or for other purposes permitted by law;
- to contact you (by email, postal mail, telephone, mobile devices, SMS text message, or as otherwise authorized by you) in order to send you marketing communications, promotional messages, and offers about our Services and content, and the products, services;
- to facilitate your participation in contests, sweepstakes or other promotional events sponsored or conducted by us or by others in conjunction with us;
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our Terms of Conditions or any other ArtStar policies or agreements with Users; and
- to perform other functions as described when the information is collected or requested, or for other purposes with your prior consent.
ArtStar recognizes the rights of our Users to:
- Request access to the Personal Information collected on them by ArtStar;
- Obtain a copy of the Personal Information held on them;
- Request the rectification or deletion of inaccurate or incomplete Personal Information;
- Withdraw consent given to ArtStar for the collection of their Personal Information at any time, including the right to unsubscribe or to opt out of marketing communications and commercial publications of ArtStar.
ArtStar will respond to requests made by Users exercising their rights within a reasonable period of time after the individual’s request or within any specific period that may be required by applicable laws. ArtStar will handle and investigate complaints made by individuals about any breach of these rules or data privacy laws and will respond to such complaints in a timely manner.
V. Is Personal Information About You Secure?
VI. What Choices Do You Have?
You can always opt not to disclose information to use, but keep in mind that Personal Information may be required to use our Services and to take advantage of some of our special features, and it is required in order to be able to transact on the Website.
If you do not wish to receive email from us, using the unsubscribe functionality found at the bottom of any email you may opt out of receiving email. If you no longer wish to receive mailings from us sent via post, please send us an email at email@example.com with your request. Please note that if you do not want to receive legal notices from us, such as this Policy, those legal notices will still govern your use of the Website, and you are responsible for reviewing such legal notices for any changes.
We will retain your data for (i) as long as your account is active; (ii) as long as is necessary to comply with any tax, legal, and/or other regulatory requirements; and (iii) to protect and defend against potential legal claims. By deleting your data from our Site, you understand that you will no longer be able to use our Services. We will retain your anonymized, aggregated, depersonalized data after it has been deleted from our Site. If you would like to request the deletion of your Personal Information or request that it be returned to you, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIII. Questions and Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Policy, please send an email to us at email@example.com.